The Ring Of Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Section "Birthdays"

4 posters

Go down

Should we keep the birthdays section?

Section "Birthdays" I_vote_lcap25%Section "Birthdays" I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Section "Birthdays" I_vote_lcap75%Section "Birthdays" I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 16

Section "Birthdays" Empty Section "Birthdays"

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm

edit. THE QUESTION OF THE POLL ABOVE IS "Should we keep the birthdays section?" (it's for those that can't see it or don't know how to 'make it visible'Smile)

Hello,

I am not sure if you will agree with me. It is just a suggestion and I don't really care that much about it, but I think we can discuss it.

So... in my opinion 'Birthdays' section is useless. I mean, there's a lot of new people coming here lately and almost every week there are some people having birthdays. I personally doesn't care much about my birthdays, I prefer to think about it as a social tradtion and occasion to meet, drink and have fun with friends and nothing more but... Some people may feel bad if they don't get at least few messages with wishes on forum when they have birthday. Dardon is doing great job making thread to everyone/almost everyone who has birthday, though there are a lot people I don't really know or recognize, but is there really any point in doing that?

So here's my suggestion: we can delete this section and we can just leave a reminder about our members birthdays to send them PM if we want to wish them happy birthday and that would be more than enough. No one will get hurt, because of 'they didn't make a thread for me/didn't get much wishes:( why, no plax?:<'.
If an user doesn't use a forum than he won't be suprised if he doesn't get birthday's PM and we will still be able to wish happy birthday to people we know.

I set a free room for discussion, also I would be happy to hear your suggestions. I don't really care much, so either way it's fine. But from logical point of view I think we could do something about it to improve our forum.

Take care,

Sebastian

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:23 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Section "Birthdays" Empty Re: Section "Birthdays"

Post  gastonik8 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 am

I totally agree.. I proposed that section when this forum was born.. I never thought that we were so many people Very Happy
gastonik8
gastonik8

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 am

I've made it into a poll. Hope we get enough people to participate in it, and we can decide by the percentages.
Dardon
Dardon

Goat

https://www.facebook.com/dardun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:07 am

I think we could still use a bit more votes.
Dardon
Dardon

Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Sure, let's wait a bit longer. There's no point in relying on the poll when only few people voted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonbar Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Very Happy Although i voted to lose the birthdays section i would very much appreciate if it was not banished until after the 5th . . . cause thats my birthday!!! bounce

Thankyou cheers
Moonbar
Moonbar

Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 pm

I'll keep the birthday section up till about the 12th, to get all the possible votes. I'm sure we won't be getting 50 - 100 votes, but for a good amount of the other active members I'd like their vote.

Being I know there's atleast 20 of them.
Dardon
Dardon

Goat

Back to top Go down

Section "Birthdays" Empty Wow...

Post  Matthew Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:55 am

I am only 1 of 2 to keep the section? Awww. I love birthdays, specially my own.
Matthew
Matthew

Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 am

Anymore votes?
Dardon
Dardon

Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Alright, I'll be closing the section now.

I believe 73% is enough. I'll leave this thread open though.

Dardon
Dardon

Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:41 am

I think we can't really rely on that poll too much... So I propose we can left this thread and wait a bit longer or we can drop the idea of removing this section. I don't really get why more people didn't participate in poll. It was only an idea, but if there are not enough people who agree with it then there's no need for applying it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Sebastian wrote:I think we can't really rely on that poll too much... So I propose we can left this thread and wait a bit longer or we can drop the idea of removing this section. I don't really get why more people didn't participate in poll. It was only an idea, but if there are not enough people who agree with it then there's no need for applying it.

Hm yea, I really don't see what the big deal is about me making birthday threads anyway. Even if the guy hasn't been here for a year. Just wish there were more people to chime in.
Dardon
Dardon

Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Yea Dard, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I think you did great job making all these threads for everyone. If you think it is better to keep birthdays section like we have all this time then it's fine with me. It was just a proposition to discuss after all. Most of members seems to doesn't care much and I can't blame them, so we can just leave it how it was. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dardon Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm

K, it'll be open for awhile longer. Unless the people who voted to lock the section decide to bring pitch forks.
Dardon
Dardon

Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum