The Ring Of Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organisation management of the group

2 posters

Go down

Organisation management of the group Empty Organisation management of the group

Post  Peter P Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm

From Jim:
I may not have said this yet, but I am thinking of creating a leadership for our group, as it looks I may not make it. I am thinking of creating a committee of a single leader and possibly 5 advisers. They will convene (whenever needed) together and discuss the direction the school is going in, any problems and what else needs to be done. The advisers will make their points and the leader will make a final decision.
In the back of my mind I was thinking that you might consider that position of leadership...with the advisers starting with Dardon and other 2a level students. I also think a secondary level of advisers might be a good idea as well. They could be anyone who wants to be involved by bringing up different subjects that would be considered by the higher advisory group and then to the leader for a final decision.
But this is still up in the air and it could completely change to something else, which I don't mind. I just want to make sure we are not going to have a big problem in the case that I disappear.

If things work out with Lin, I am going to approach him to see if we can establish an alliance and possibly create an "International" school with "chapters" in many countries. Let me know what you think.

We all can contribute to gathering this knowledge.  How many of us are sick to death of seeing the same crappy wars on tv, when the world could unite learning magic?
Peter P
Peter P

Rooster

Back to top Go down

Organisation management of the group Empty Re: Organisation management of the group

Post  Quiet_Path Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:04 pm

I think that makes sense for a larger organization, but honestly we're so small and so few of us actually engage regularly on the forum, that it would probably be easiest in most cases to do exactly what you're already doing with the name change, logo, etc. - open it up to the group and see what ideas come up. On matters that require more confidentiality or a larger workload, maybe you just pick whomever you think is best suited. I do think seniority counts though, and Dardon and others who have been here longest and shown the most dedication should be respected for that. I think we have that going on naturally. Nothing wrong with creating a committee, I just don't see a whole lot for them to do, or them doing it better than we could by crowd-sourcing it to the whole community. My two cents, and maybe not even worth that.

Obviously that Lin thing is a no-go! I really try not to judge people for their biases or faults, but one thing I can't tolerate is egotistical selfishness, and that's that piece of shit Naziri to a "T." Sorry, I digress.
Quiet_Path
Quiet_Path

Back to top Go down